Cat's Meow Village™ Custom - "Jacob Eicholtz Home" - Lancaster, PA
Historical fact on the reverse side of this Cat's Meow Village™ Custom:
The land that this home sits upon is part of the original James Hamilton land grant from William Penn. The barn, built in 1802, was turned into a house in 1825. In 1831 Jacob Eicholtz purchased the property. He added a kitchen and a studio in the rear. Eicholtz's early painting consisted of tavern signs and profile portraits. Primarily self-taught, he painted over 900 portraits. Eicholtz is Lancaster's most noted portrait painter.
Currently the home remains a residence. The Federal style building is listed on the Historical Society and the National Register of Historical Districts.
Dimensions: 3.5" long by 4.25" high